Alper Memorial Women's Rosh Chodesh Tfillah/Study Group
Welcome to the Alper Memorial Women's Rosh Chodesh Tfillah/Study Group. We meet on a monthly basis, usually on Shabbat Mevarchim for mincha, kriat HaTorah, seudah shlishit and a shiur given by Rebbetzin Sharon Freundel. The group meets in the Bayit of Kesher Israel, located one door north of Kesher Israel at 1308 28th Street. The study theme for this year (5771-5772/2011-2012) is "The Real Housewives of Cana'an: A Continuing Study of the Women in Sefer Beresheit."
Our mincha service includes tfilah, a short dvar Torah and the layning of the Shabbat mincha portion. We encourage everyone's participation! If you would like to give a dvar Torah, layn or lead services, please contact the Women's Tfillah coordinators . If you are interested in learning how to do any one of the above activities, we have resources to help you learn how to do so.
The dates and times are:
- September 17, 6:00 p.m. Mincha Kriah: Nitzavim-Vayeilech
- October 29, 5:00 p.m. Mincha Kriah: Lech-Lecha
- November 19, 3:30 p.m. Mincha Kriah: Toldot
- December 17, 3:30 p.m. Mincha Kriah: Miketz
- January 21, 4:00 p.m. Mincha Kriah: Bo
- February 25, 4:30 p.m. Mincha Kriah: Tetzaveh
- March 17, 6:00 p.m. Mincha Kriah: Vayikra
- April 21, 6:30 p.m. Mincha Kriah: Tazria-Metzora
- May 19, 7:00 p.m. Mincha Kriah: Bamidbar
- June 16, 7:15 p.m. Mincha Kriah: Korach
- July 14, 7:15 p.m. Mincha Kriah: Matot-Masei
Other Important Dates
- Simchat Torah, Friday, October 21: Women's Kriah of V'Zot HaBracha
- Purim, Thursday, March 8, TBA: Women's Kriah of Megillat Esther
If you have not attended or participated in this group before, please join us! You'll see that we are a very community-oriented group and encourage participation! We are always looking for volunteers to layn and give a short Dvar Torah -- so if you'd like to do either, please let me know! We have many resources and would be happy to help you learn how to layn or find resources to give a Dvar Torah!